I want to show you today how easy can be to revel in delicious natural foods and still be a paragon of health and moral rectitude. Indeed, without enjoyment, what’s the point of eating? Mother Nature has endowed us with taste buds so that we can select the most fragrant, flavorful and nutritious foods—so why not take her cues and enjoy the gifts she has bestowed on us? Darkly sensual chocolate. Succulent cherries. Spicy, crunchy hazelnuts. Nourishing eggs. Sweet vanilla.
Here are some ways to make healthy changes in your eating habits:
- Keep more fruits, low-fat dairy products (low-fat milk and low-fat yogurt), vegetables, and whole-grain foods at home and at work. Focus on adding healthy food to your diet, rather than just taking unhealthy foods away.
- Try to eat a family meal every day at the kitchen or dining table. This will help you focus on eating healthy meals.
- Buy a healthy-recipe book, and cook for yourself. Chew gum when you cook so you won't be tempted to snack on the ingredients.
- Pack a healthy lunch and snacks for work. This lets you have more control over what you eat.
- Put your snacks on a plate instead of eating from the package. This helps you control how much you eat.
- Don't skip or delay meals, and be sure to schedule your snacks. If you ignore your feelings of hunger, you may end up eating too much or choosing an unhealthy snack. If you often feel too hungry, it can cause you to focus a lot on food.
- Eat your meals with others when you can. Relax and enjoy your meals, and don't eat too fast. Try to make healthy eating a pleasure, not a chore.
- Drink water instead of high-sugar drinks (including high-sugar juice drinks).
Joli Minis Lifestyle - Enjoy the JOLI mini things in life.